Saturday, November 16, 2013

I Need You : Nadynn Morrison

You walked away from me. I was powerless to stop you. Nothing would work, I knew it in my heart. I could beg, cry, get angry but you'd still walk away. I was always the person to leave. What a feeling it was to watch you go. I never expected that my heart could be ripped apart so easily. Silently, tears fell from my face as you left. The sound of the door closing, the final straw. Where did my emotional stability go? As I fell down, I lost everything. You had become a part of my life I couldn't do without. And yet, you left. Sometimes I wonder if the only thing that could've made you stay was if I told you I loved you. How could I? When I didn't even know myself. I never felt love so strong as the moment you gave me up. Even knowing as I do now, I don't think I could have said it. Even if it would have made you stay. I'm sleeping in sorrow now. Wishing everyday to see you and knowing I won't. I would never leave you. I see that now. Do you still love me? Once you promised you would always come back to me. Will you keep that promise or is it different now that you're no longer disillusioned by me. I'll keep holding onto that promise. Hoping for you to be here one day. Just like the days of the past. How did we even met? I wish I could say we had some monument moment. A beautiful memory that I could tell everyone when we get married and even to the children we would have if you came back. Sadly, nothing of the sort happened. I can't even remember the moment we met. Gradually, over time, you became a part of my life. I told you I would never date you. That I would never love you. Yet, somehow we became something. All the sweet memories of being together are not spoiled by our fights that only brought us closer. Do you remember the ultimatum you gave me? Together or apart? You should have known that when you asked me if I could ever love you that I already did even though I hadn't noticed. Instead you said if I couldn't that you were going to leave. No time to answer, I just watched you walk away. You said I made you strong. Are you strong now? Far away from me. Do you need me now? Or have you become strong on your own and no longer need me? I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment